To all the mommies (and especially mine)!!! Here is my most recent favorite picture with my kiddos! Missing my babies while we are in Hawaii celebrating our 10 year anniversary! But thankful for the time away with my favorite guy. So blessed to have the chance to get away and family who is willing to watch our kids. Being a mom is the most wonderful and difficult adventure I’ve taken yet! But I wouldn’t change it for the world! My mom is an amazing lady to emulate and if I’m half as good at raising & loving my kids as she is…well then I’ll be awesome!!!! Go kiss your mom or your babies if you can! Pics from our trip to come soon! ALOHA!!!
1/2 c. melted coconut oil or butter or canola oil
1/2 c. honey
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup whey, buttermilk, yogurt, OR kefir w/ live and active cultures
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
optional: nuts or frozen berriesDirections:
At least 12 hrs before breakfast mix the oats, coconut oil, honey, salt, cinnamon and whey together and let sit in a warm place till you are ready to make it. (Soaking the oats allows enzymes and other organisms to break down and neutralize phytic acid thus improving their nutritional benefits.)
In the morning mix in: eggs, vanilla, baking soda, cream of tartar and optional nuts or frozen berries. Bake in a buttered 9×13 pan for about 25-30 min at 350º. you may have to cook longer or with higher heat if using frozen fruit. Serve with butter, maple syrup, honey, cream, dried fruit, shredded coconut- whatever you like. Enjoy!
(recipe from: http://flosfoibles.blogspot.com/)
- 8 eggs (beaten well)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 8 slices bread (buttered & then cubed)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 ½ cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 cups bulk breakfast sausage or bacon (1 lb.)
- Cook sausage (or bacon) until browned.
- Mix eggs with milk, mustard, s&p. Pour egg mixture over bread in a large bowl. Cover & refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning take a greased 9×13 pan…layer ½ of the bread/egg mixture, ½ of the cheese, all sausage (or bacon), other ½ of bread/egg mixture, other ½ of cheese.
- Bake 1 hour at 325 (OR until center is set up and not soupy).