Tag Archives | green
What are some of your color cravings these days?
By the way, in case you were wondering…CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. Basically you pay a regular fee and pick up a box of their freshest produce weekly or monthly…it is fun & easy way to stay healthy while supporting local farmers! I found this definition from thefreedictionary.com: A CSA consists of a community of individuals who pledge support to a farming operation where the growers and consumers share the risks and benefits of food production. They usually consist of weekly delivery or pick-up of vegetables and fruit, in a vegetable box scheme, and sometimes includes dairy products and meat.
Peace out for now.
Consider switching to “greener” cleaning products…after all it is spring cleaning time!
- a large stack of washcloths (we use about 3 – 6 everyday…one type for counters and one type for washing little hands and faces…if you prefer sponges i’m sure this can work the same way)
- cloth napkins (mostly old, used ones for everyday and a few nice ones for guests)
- kitchen towels (we use about 4 in the kitchen at a time…the pretty ones move from the nice spot on the oven to the fridge handle…to the laundry every few days)
- a new mindset about laundry because you will have to wash these things every few days (This may take some getting used to but it will save you money in the long run. Let me reassure you that if you are thinking “that is a lot of water to use…is that green?”my short answer is yes…sort of…producing paper products consumes tons of water so as long as you try to run cold, short loads the long run answer is yes it is more green to wash towels that can be used again and again than buy and use paper towels once!)
- P.S. (If you compost you can often put the paper towels that you do use in there as long as you don’t have any grease, chemicals or animal products on them)